Ten tenants hospitalised after fire

Several residents of an apartment complex had to be treated for smoke poisoning after a blaze broke out on the building’s ground floor yesterday afternoon (Weds).The fire raged through a laundry shop in Vienna-Margareten. It is unclear what triggered the flames which subsequently filled the hallway of the whole building with smoke. Ten residents of the housing estate had to be hospitalised with smoke intoxication.Meanwhile, a 63-year-old man died when a fire broke out at his flat in the city’s Floridsdorf district.