Hotel Rebuild after Christmas fire

Builders are working overtime at Saalbach-Hinterglemm in Pinzgau to rebuild the “Glemmtalerhofs” hotel in time for the winter season.

The property was almost completely destroyed and that was practically just a shell left after a blaze at Christmas.

Luckily for the Schnell family that owned the property – the rebuilding work is being covered by the insurance which is also compensated the family to a certain extent for the loss of income over time.

The staff have also been getting involved with the building work with the Hotel manager Zoran Josijevic cooking for the building team.

The newly renovated property has been built to include a state-of-the-art fire alarm system to avoid the same thing happening again.

Experts said that the fire started after a fault in the electrical wiring in the roof of the four-star property. 140 guests had to be rescued but fortunately nobody was hurt.

The blaze also destroyed the rooms where the family lived.

Hotel owner and manager Christine Schnell said: “We lost a lot of irreplaceable personal things but one does find out that you can get by with very little when you have a good family and good friends in such a situation standing beside you.”

The damage was estimated at several million euros.

The hotel will be reopened in December and management are hoping all of the regular guests will once again be booking up to stay.