Baby burned by deep fat fryer

An unattended nine month old baby was seriously burned after crawling across to the oven and pulling a deep fat fryer full of burning oil over itself in Stadl an der Mur, Styria.

The tot pulled on a cable attached to the fryer and pulled it over. Half a litre of hot oil landed on the child causing serious burns to its legs and arms.

The child’s mother was distracted clearing the dinner table when the accident occurred.

While the child’s mother was clearing the table and had noticed the inquisitive youngster had pulled the cable.

The baby was airlifted to hospital in Klagenfurt hospital in Carinthia where he is being treated for burns.