Pensioner burned by liquid bitumen

A Styrian pensioner is in critical condition after he accidentally showered himself with hot bitumen yesterday (Thurs).The 77-year-old Soboth resident was preparing the bitumen to paint his garage with before he slipped carrying a can with three litres of the substance.Doctors at the LKH hospital in Graz said the DIY enthusiast suffered serious burns to both his arms and his head when the hot, liquid poured over him.Meanwhile, a 68-year-old slashed open her right lower arm falling onto a chainsaw’s blade while cutting wood in her garage in Eichberg, Styria, yesterday.