Teen burns bum in failed Halloween trick

A teenager suffered serious burns when a Halloween prank went wrong, it has been reported.The 13-year-old boy and a pal, 10, poured petrol a plastic slide in a playground in Kraubath, Styria, and set it alight on Sunday night. The teens then tried to extinguish the spreading flames amid fears the fire could devastate the whole venue.The older boy attempted to put out the fire by sliding down on the attraction. He suffered second-degree burns on his backside after his trousers caught fire.Police said today (Tues) the teen, who had to be hospitalised in Leoben, initially claimed he had been attacked by masked youths before telling them the truth.Neither of the boys can be charged for the offence due to their age. Their parents, however, are expected to be ordered to pay for the damages.Police in all nine Austrian provinces stressed yesterday damage caused at Sunday’s Halloween were not worse than at a regular Friday or Saturday night.